Small Intestine Surgery
Short Bowel Syndrome Specialist in Mumbai
What is a Bowel Resection?
A bowel resection is a medical procedure to eliminate any piece of the bowel. This incorporates the small digestive system, internal organ, or rectum. Dr. Aditya J. Nanavati is a well-known Short Bowel Syndrome Specialist in Mumbai. Dr. Aditya J. Nanavati uses it to treat illnesses and blockages of the internal organ (colon).
Bowel infections and conditions can put your life in danger. They can likewise hold the colon or rectum back from filling in as they ought to. This causes manifestations like torment and inconvenience.
Your doctor might suggest a bowel resection for one of the reasons:
- Cancer: The measure of bowel they eliminate relies upon the size and area of disease. The specialist will take out neighboring lymph nodes, as well.
- Diverticulitis: You might require a medical procedure for complexities, like extreme disease or perforation.
- Blockage: When your digestive system becomes obstructed, food and fluid can’t pass. This can remove the blood supply, making the tissue bite the dust.
- Severe Bleeding: If specialists can’t stop an inside drain, they might have to eliminate that part of the digestive system.
What Are The Different Ways Of Small Intestine Surgery?
Colon medical procedure is done in one of three different ways:
- Open resection: A specialist makes one since quite a while ago cut on the stomach. They’ll utilize typical careful apparatuses to take out a piece of the digestive tract.
- Laparoscopic resection: The specialist makes two to four little cuts (entry points) on the belly. They embed a flimsy cylinder with a small camera into one cut. This is known as a laparoscope. It sends an image to a screen. The specialist utilizes it to see inside the mid-region. They then, at that point pass little, uncommon careful devices through different cuts to eliminate part of the digestive system.
- Robot-helped laparoscopic resection: In this medical procedure, the instruments are connected to robots. The specialist controls the robots to do the medical procedure.
The sort of medical procedure you’ll get relies upon your condition. The area and size of the sick or harmed colon are additional factors. Sometimes, your specialist might have to change from laparoscopic to open a medical procedure during the strategy.
What Are The Risks Of Small Intestine Surgery?
Any medical procedure has possible risks, including:
- Blood clusters in the legs
- Breathing problems
- Responses to anesthesia
- Respiratory failure or heart attack
Your surgeon and care group will make a solid effort to forestall these issues.
Risks or problems related to small intestine medical procedure includes:
- Draining in the stomach
- Discharge gathering in the abdomen otherwise called an intra-abdominal abscess (which might require waste)
- Digestive tract pushing through the entry point into your midsection (incisional hernia)
- Scar tissue that frames a gastrointestinal blockage requires more a medical procedure
- Short bowel disorder (issues engrossing nutrients and supplements)
- Issues with a stoma
- Cut tearing open (dehiscence)
- Contamination of the incision
How Do You Plan For The Surgery?
Prior to the medical procedure, you’ll go into your doctor or specialist’s office. You’ll talk about your clinical history and audit what prescriptions you’re on. You’ll likewise get tests, for example, a chest X-beam, electrocardiogram, and blood tests. This aide Dr. Aditya Nanavati who is a Short Bowel Syndrome Specialist in Mumbai in planning the method. It likewise detects any issues that may influence the medical procedure.
A few days before your medical procedure, your surgeon might advise you to quit taking certain enhancements and medications, similar to ibuprofen. They’ll likewise reveal to you how to plan for the technique. To clear the insides, you’ll need to stay away from strong food varieties the day preceding a medical procedure. Clear fluids, like stock and squeezed apple, are fine. You’ll likewise take a laxative.
The prior night and morning of your inside resection, you’ll shower with a clean wash. This can assist with forestalling infections.
After the medical procedure, you’ll stay in the emergency clinic for around 2 to 4 days. The drug will assist with facilitating the pain. Your surgeon or specialist will disclose how to really focus on your injury. In the event that you have a stoma, they’ll tell you the best way to really focus on it.
Just after the medical procedure, you’ll have the option to drink liquids. You might have the option to eat strong food varieties the next day. Your specialist may suggest eating a low-fiber diet for about a month.
Recovery from a laparoscopic medical procedure is quicker than with open resection. You’ll likewise have less torment and more modest scars.
Following 1 to about fourteen days, you might have the option to return to the majority of your ordinary everyday practice, like strolling and working. Try not to attempt to lift anything more than 10 pounds or does extraordinary exercise until you get your doctor’s OK. It as a rule takes around a month and a half to recover completely.
Why Choose Dr. Aditya J. Nanavati?
Dr. Aditya J. Nanavati is one of the most experienced Short Bowel Syndrome Specialist in Mumbai. He is the most experienced surgeon who has vast experience and practice as a consultant surgeon. He provides surgical services in re-operative abdominal surgery, bowel lengthening, and short bowel syndrome.